You will love these 15 living rooms in white!
It is the room where we get together with our loved ones, relax and watch a film or receive guests. The living room is and remains the center of events for many people. That’s exactly why this room is particularly important when designing! Do you want a fresh yet modern ambience to feel good in? Then you should take a closer look at the color white. It harmonizes with numerous other colors and a wide variety of interior styles. We will therefore show you 15 fantastic living rooms in white and give you lots of tips and tricks. Get inspired!
This is what a white living room looks like
White creates a feeling of calm, clarity, space and light like no other color. This makes the sound perfect for small rooms. It is an ideal wall color there. But white is also very popular for furniture. Whether as a wall unit or chest of drawers – white furniture can be combined with all other colors and is wonderfully timeless. White also looks very friendly and inviting. A wonderful base for a living room!
Tips: You should definitely keep this in mind when choosing a living room in white
Not all white is the same – and white can sometimes be a bit tricky when combining in the living room. With these tips you can really make your white living room shine:
- Rely on contrasts: Especially with pure white tones, it is advisable to mix them with other colors, patterns and materials in order to avoid an overall look that is too cool and uncomfortable. Do you only love white living room furniture? Then you can work wonderfully with fine details – a colorful bouquet or a colorful painting is sometimes enough for more coziness.
- Ivory, cream, off-white or antique white – white has various shades. Feel free to mix these together in your living room. A cream shade or an ivory white have a yellow tinge and therefore appear warmer. Old white is broken up by a touch of brown and therefore conveys a very homely ambience. If you mix these tones, the look is anything but monotonous.
- To give your white living room more security, it’s best to use a warm color temperature when lighting . A beautiful arc lamp made of frosted glass above the coffee table or a stylish floor lamp with a paper shade next to the white shelf – the whole room looks much more inviting and homely.
- A white living room with small children – nothing to worry about. The kids are also really attracted to the airiness and friendliness of the light color. And you can usually remove the covers from most armchairs and sofas and wash them in the machine without any problems. The best thing: You can hardly see scratches on a painted, white surface. Also a great tip for the children’s room!
Well combined: This goes well with the living room in white
So who does a white living room suit – and which colors can be best combined with it? We’ll tell you this in the following paragraphs.
You can combine these colors with white
White offers a fresh and inviting basic atmosphere. The nice thing: The tone is the optimal basis for numerous combinations. Small, colorful details are enough to create excitement. Depending on your taste, different combinations look great:
- For example, when mixed with black and gray, white looks very modern and neutral. A white wall combined with a gray or anthracite sofa or a black sideboard is particularly stylish.
- When combined with natural nuances such as beige or taupe, white exudes a lot of calm and a feeling of hygge.
- With dark brown and caramel tones, white has a very elegant and high-quality effect.
- But white also harmonizes beautifully with cheerful and strong colors such as red or green and creates a lively ambience. White also tames the colors so that they appear less intrusive.
- The mix of white and pastel tones ensures a lot of freshness and a good mood .
These are the best materials for a white living room
White goes wonderfully with warm wood tones, from oak to cherry to lighter pine. In general, natural materials are the most beautiful choice when combined with white. They give the sound a homely atmosphere. In a white-painted living room, a wooden floor, a carpet made of natural fibers or wooden furniture skilfully break up the white elements.
With the classic white you can also work beautifully with structures. In an open and large living room that is decorated in white, additional concrete-look accents also look great. When it comes to accessories, I like to use noble materials such as copper, gold or brass. All of this takes away the severity of white and makes it perfect for the living room. The same applies to the kitchen, bedroom or bathroom.
Pure inspiration: Our 15 most beautiful living rooms in white
Sometimes mixed with natural fabrics, sometimes dreamy with pink or trendy in a boho style – depending on the combination, you can conjure up very different styles in your living room with white. In the next chapter we have picked out the most beautiful ones and give you tips for shopping!
1. Modern Scandi living room in black and white
Cozy and yet straightforward – black and white elements are harmoniously mixed in the modern Scandi living room. Puristic designs and clear lines run through the concept. With loving accessories in delicate gold and cozy pillows or carpets you can create a real feel-good place.
2. Pure minimalism: an old building dream all in white
Less is more is the motto here. The focus is on high-quality fabrics, a clear design and a stylish tone-on-tone atmosphere. Small plants and coordinated decorative elements underline the pure style. Particularly beautiful: the minimalist canvas art in white – which you can also easily do yourself.
3. To test: Sofa cover in white
Are you not quite sure whether you want to go for a white living room? Then you can first approach it slowly – with a sofa cover in white. You don’t have to invest too much, it still makes your living room shine in new splendor and you can also wash the cover without any problems. Add cushions in different shades of white and the freshening treatment for the living room is perfect.
4. Dreamy & elegant: living room in white and pink
Wonderfully feminine, fresh and elegant – the combination of white and pink is very popular. Quite rightly so, in our opinion. Hardly any other mix exudes so much romantic charm and modernity at the same time. Milky pink shades in particular go wonderfully with white. There is no trace of kitsch here.
5. Modern design living room with white furniture
With a little skill, an interior with white furniture looks anything but clean and cold. Playing with contrasts is particularly important here. A lamp and picture frame in black, for example, add stylish accents. A sideboard with vases or sculptures in different powder tones give your living room a modern and harmonious finish.
6. Stylish combination: Your glam living room in white and gold
This mix exudes elegance and glamour. Warmer shades such as cream or off-white in particular look very elegant with gold. Tip: It’s best to use metallic accents discreetly so as not to overload the room.
7. Winter Wonderland: Your Christmas living room in white
Enchant your living room into a dreamlike snowy landscape! You can create a wonderful oasis of calm with cozy fabrics, warm lamps with fabric shades or deep-pile carpets. Or how about a beautiful mirror that reflects the shine of the Christmas tree? Add a few fluffy (faux) furs and your winter wonderland is ready!
8. Cozy: Combine white furniture with wood in the living room
Light woods such as spruce, birch or pine appear warm and friendly – the perfect counterpart to white. Delicate grains and matching accessories round off the picture beautifully.
9. Colorful details for the white living room
White provides a great stage for colorful little details. Strong cushions on the sofa, a bright bouquet on the white shelf or a wall clock in a colorful design: used sparingly, they conjure up a fresh overall impression.
10. Super trendy: living room in Scandi Boho style
Urban jungle, ethnic flair and Scandi spirit – the trend themes in the interior sector. White is the perfect base color for this style and allows the unique pieces of jewelry to take precedence. Warm white tones, raffia, leather, wood – and the little boho oasis is ready.
11. Artsy: White furniture and decor for the living room
A white painting on a white wall with a white chaise longue in front of it – sounds monotonous? It definitely isn’t! With exciting structures, a stylish arc lamp and cozy cushions, this creates an inviting and at the same time cool favorite place.
12. Cozy textiles for the living room in white
White is quickly associated with a certain clinical touch, especially with the combination of white tiles and furniture in the living room. But with cozy plaids, differently designed pillows and an eye-catching rug, you can create a feel-good atmosphere in no time! Also don’t forget: Use indirect light such as small lamps, candles and fairy lights.
13. White French country style living room
Marble coffee table, playful cushions, ornate vintage-look furniture and floral accents – there’s a lot going on with French country house style . White is the optimal choice: the tone is pleasantly restrained. This means the overall look doesn’t look overloaded and harmonizes perfectly with the different designs.
14. Modern living room in beige and white
Warmth, modernity and a lot of security. A living room in beige and white simply impresses with its timeless beauty. Clear designs and occasional accents in black or rose create a pleasant atmosphere and make the room appear very stylish. The rather clean white floor is made cozy by the simple fur and the beige wall.
15. Bright white with gray in the large living room
Large, loft-like living rooms are made for a modern mix of white and gray. Special individual pieces such as an acrylic coffee table or concrete-look accents are beautifully presented here. I also like to work with different shades of white and gray. This creates a harmonious yet exciting picture.